Beginning with your first call, we are actively committed to helping you and your family get through what is a difficult and often new experience. We care for the deceased, coordinate your funeral preferences, and assist you with essential paperwork. Depending on your personal choices, this may include:
Caring for the Deceased
- Notify the proper authorities that a death has occurred if necessary.
- Pick up and transport the deceased to the funeral home (day or night), or make arrangements for preparation and transportation if death occurs out-of-state or out of the country.
- Provide professional care for the deceased such as bathing and embalming, restorative art, dressing, cosmetology and hairstyling.
Coordinating Your Funeral Preferences
- Compose or assist you in composing an obituary, submit it to newspapers of your choosing, and post it online.
- Select the appropriate casket, urn, burial vault and/or cemetery plot if needed.
- Arrange for music and coordinate with clergy.
- Order funeral sprays and other flower arrangements on your behalf.
- Provide facilities and chapels for visitation, viewing or service including staff as needed to assist with or manage the set up of flowers, a guest register, acknowledgment cards, memorial folders or prayer cards, memory boards, video tributes, etc.
- Arrange for transportation to the funeral service and/or cemetery for you and your family.
- Arrange for transportation of the body to the funeral site, cemetery or other place of burial, entombment or crematory.
- Make necessary arrangements with the cemetery, crematory or other place you choose for disposition of the deceased, including the opening and closing of the grave if you choose burial, with attention to any fees, regulations or special requirements.
- Gather flowers, register book, flower cards , memorial contributions made to the family, photos, tribute DVD’s and any other items included in the service, and return them to you and your family.
- Provide grief assistance.
- Prepare and file the death certificate, as well as any other necessary permits and authorizations.
- Provide the requested number of certified copies of the death certificate for insurance and benefit processing.
- Offer professional staff assistance with insurance, Social Security or Veteran's Administration paperwork to ensure it is properly filed for receipt of benefits.